Wednesday, April 25, 2007

Food Review

We tried the new flavor of Stouffer's Lasagna: Italiano.

It has the same preparation/cooking time as the original lasagna. It definitely has a great smell, even frozen. You can really smell the Italian seasoning. The more it cooked, the better it smelled.

I was really impressed with the taste as well. It had a really smooth flavor that wasn't overwhelmed. It had a distinctively different flavor from the original lasagna...but I HIGHLY recommend this new flavor.

Everyone ate it...and normally my almost 3 year old is very picky when it comes to lasagna and he actually ate half a piece.

If you see it at your local supermarket, give it a try.

11 comments:

Anonymous said...

what if you are allergic to lasagne?

Autumn said...

Then this would not be a good food for you.

Anonymous said...

would you suggest anything else to someone who is lasagne intolerant?

Autumn said...

Salmon in lemon-dill butter. YUMMMMM!!!!

Anonymous said...

I'm newly allergic to salmon as well, but I am concerned that you had green eggs and ham on your menu. Do you dye the eggs?

Autumn said...

No, I throw green onions in while I scramble them. :)

Anonymous said...

So I have 2 raw chicken breasts. What should I make for dinner?

Autumn said...

One of our family favorites is chicken fingers.

You take some saltine, ritz or club crackers. Throw some parmasean cheese in and if you have garlic salt/powder shake a little in. Then take some mayo and thin it with a little lemon juice. Cut the breasts into strips. Put it in the mayo mixture then dip it in the crackers mixture. Put on a baking sheet and cook for 15-20 minutes until cooked. YUM.

Anonymous said...

sweet! my family will thank you...i hope! if not, I do in advance. more for me and Jeremy!

Anonymous said...

The jury is in and the family LOVED the chicken fingers. Well, all except the boys. But that's not new. This will be a keeper. You will have to plan my meals more often!

Mia said...

I'll test it out on Doug sometime!