Sunday, March 21, 2010

Recipe Review: Golden Potato Soup

This is a recipe I make quite frequently. It is tasty, easy, quick and I usually have all the ingredients on hand. Here is the original recipe. My comments are in red.

Golden Potato Soup

Ingredients
3 cups peeled and cubed potatoes
1/2 cup chopped celery (Since Shayne doesn't care for celery, I add carrots)
1/2 cup chopped onion
1 cube chicken bouillon (I double this)
1 cup water (I double this)
1 teaspoon dried parsley (I use chives)
1/2 teaspoon salt
1 pinch ground black pepper
2 teaspoons all-purpose flour
1 1/2 cups milk
1 1/2 cups shredded American cheese (I use whatever I have handy)
1 cup chopped ham (I have used bacon and it was equally delicious)
1 cup corn

Directions
In a large stock pot add potatoes, celery, onion, chicken bouillon, water and parsley flakes. Season with salt and pepper and simmer until vegetables become tender.
In a separate bowl mix flour and milk. Once it is well blended, add to soup mixture and cook until soup becomes thick.
Stir in cheese, corn and ham. Simmer until cheese is melted.

Rating -
1 out of 3 kids will eat this without complaint.
2 out of 2 adults eat without complaint.
2 out of 3 kids eat their required bites and complain that mom made soup for dinner.

No comments: